Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sunday Dinner

Haven't had a chance to post about our newest lambs.    I was right and 45 was the next to give birth.  On Sunday afternoon, I happened to look out the window and noticed one of the ewes standing up and then laying down, then standing up and laying down, over and over.  It didn't seem right so I ran out to have a closer look. Sure enough, there was a hoof visible.    I ran in to change clothes and called Jay.

The lamb was born within half an hour I'd say and I was actually able to catch it on video.



Michael Jackson is one of our rams.  I didn't want anybody trampling the baby.   After a few minutes of Mama licking her lamb, I grabbed it with a towel and we started the process of moving 45 and her lamb into the barn.  All went fairly well and after a few hours, we were satisfied and went to have our Sunday Dinner at my in-laws.

The ram-lamb was named Timothy by Lilah and he has been doing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment